Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHAPTER ONE: DAY FIVE



Is it over yet?

I didn't get much of anything done today in the writing department. I had a meeting with an author who is writing a children's book and then did some work not book related. I was thinking about how is the best way to keep on track with writing every day.

One: Well, this blog does that in a way. I have to write something, even if it is dumb and meaningless, but it gets me thinking and writing.

Two: Pick a time every day when you will get up and write something on your project; it could be in the morning before everyone is up, or late at night when everyone is in bed. I have a busy life with three kids, a wife and work blah, blah, blah. We all have them, take yours and throw it out along with the one you just thought of as you read this.

Three: Do it! The only person standing in your way is you! No one will ever be moved by your book if you don't write it, no one will ever read your book if you never make a plan and follow it, no one will ever know who you are if you do the same thing everyday and expect different results. So, let us this New Year forget about the past and do something mind blowing! Let's go for the imposable! Let's do what we say we are going to do.


People look at me with an odd expression when they find out I wrote a book, some of them can't believe it, (The people who know me) and some give me that "you must be smart" look. I am not that smart, as you can see by this blog, and I am not full of talent or the coolest ideas, but one thing that I try very hard to do is finish. I started a book and then finished it, and like my dad always said, "If you show up to work every day then soon you will own the place." If you write a book and finish then you stand with the few that did and didn't just say they are going too, or want too... you make the call!

No comments:

Post a Comment