Sunday, January 10, 2010

CHAPTER ONE: DAY BLAH, Blah...

I learned something today that will make your life so much easier as a writer. I have this tid-bit of news that will unlock your heart and place a shield around it... Here in my hand I hold the future of your sanity and your entire future!!!

Want to know what it is?

Be a duck.

Yeah, I know, so simple and so hard to do. There are some people that no matter what you do or how nice you are to them or how much you help them, they will still hate you. Will still stab you in the back and you just have to let is roll off your back like the old duck. This is one thing that as a writer or even in life is so important. You cannot find your value in what others think about you but in something deeper. I am not important because of what I do or who I am but because God loves me and in this no one can take that away. I cannot be moved by the ones who want to twist every word and by the dream suckers. No, I am not a power unto myself for that is not the end of the story.

Some will love your work, some will hate it. Somewhere3 in the middle is where the truth lies, you are not as good as your biggest fan and you don't stink as much as your worst critic. Keep it up, learn, grow, work hard and in the end you will stand when others fall, and enjoy every step along the way.

*Snif... *Snif... Enough of that dribble, had a fun time at the flee market and I believe I will do it again. Sold some books, meet some cool people and the others... well... lets just say I have many new characters and boy are they colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment