Friday, February 26, 2010

CHAPTER TWO: Night with Ellen Hopkins

So I was going to stop by a book signing at the library on Ustick because Ellen Hopkins was going to be there. I was on my way to a book group and thought it would be fun to check it out.

For you who don't know Ellen Hopkins wrote bestselling book such as Burn, Crank, Glass, Tricks and more. She is a teen sensation and her writing style is different and catching on.

I found out that she was going to be speaking as well so I bought two of her books and was waiting to hear what she had to say. I as you know have been working on my next novel and this one is for teens. I gave it out to a few people a few days ago to start getting feedback on the rough draft and the owner of Rediscovered books came up to me and said, "So I hear you are writing a teen book? From what I hear it is good..."

I was shocked that she knew anything about it but in this town things get around fast. I said it was still in a rough draft form and that I would let her read it as well if she liked. Then she introduced me the Ellen. We talked and afterward she gave me her card. I hope but am not holding my breath, but I hope she might want to look at my book and maybe give me some feedback on it. It was a fun night and even though I missed the book group I think it was worth it, you never know who you will meet that may change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment