Thursday, February 11, 2010

CHAPTER TWO: Dream On Warning!!!

Okay, I have got a few comments on my book Dream On and how it creeps some people out or they think I am a sick person for coming up with some of the things that go on in the main killers head. I am writing this for some of you that may need a little inside into where all this came from and maybe ease your minds that I am not a secret psychopath waiting to kill people in a dark alley after church on Sunday mornings.

I have a underlying Theme in all my books, the first one Sweet Dreams was asking the question: Is revenge worth it? In Dream On I am going into the mind of a killer and trying to show the two natures. This means that I believe that inside of all of us there is a evil beast lurking and just waiting for a chance to run wild and therefore destroy your life. This old man or other nature is pure evil and I think some of us think we are beyond this evil thing. We think we could never do some of the things that go on in this book.

Well let me tell you, we are all able and could do and become like the Red Dog. One little decision and there we would sit just like him. I think the reason this creeps some people out is that they can relate to some of his thinking, we see ourselves a little to much in his nature. I did not start out thinking that this guy would turn out as he did. If you have ever written a book you know that the character after a while will write themselves. All I had in mind was some little things and one thing lead to another and bam! We got ourselves one bad dude. Now to ease your minds I was getting the creepy feeling as well, I was the one writing him and I was taken by how evil he was becoming.

This will be the most intense book I ever do and I see in the future my subject matter may tone down but I felt that this subject of the two natures was one I had to write about. I wanted this to be one of those books where the reader felt scared not with the bad guy but themselves. We all need to be brought back down to reality sometimes and see what and who we really are or what we could be if it was not for the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment