Thursday, July 8, 2010

CHAPTER SEVEN: Just when you thought...


Writing tip or blurb or vomit of the day. Your job is never done.

I thought I was on top of the editing game, had things worked out but no!!! So more work ahead and then maybe we will get somewhere. But that is part of the precess, just keep going and remember not to wear yourself out on the first few drafts, you will need some steam left for the 10th edit.

Working on a short story that my editor has now and going to put it up as a E-book only. Calling it "a digital short." Got the cover done and hope to have it up by the end of July.

Why am I doing this you might ask? Well right now the e-book world is selling books like crazy people on crack. So, in order to keep up with the demand I need more content and if that means whipping out some short stories then that is what I will do. Besides if they sit around in my office they cannot make money or get out to the public, now what good is that?

It is a new game folks, a new time and content is king. Working on getting book 3 in the WJA series out by Christmas and Airel out this year as well. That will be two books in one year, a record for me... oh and a short, but that doesn't count... or does it?

1 comment:

  1. Exactly...crack is the proper term here...Readers don't need 400 plus pages all the time...a novella or a few short stories fits the bill for the new world publishing order my bro...

    ReplyDelete