Thursday, March 4, 2010

CHAPTER THREE: Good talk son...

I was talking with Wynette today and we were going over how to start a new novel or keep one going. Some of the things were how we both wanted to learn to write better and wondering if taking the time to stop and take some classes or wait till we mastered the craft before going on with more books. I would love to learn to write like some of the greats but not just like them but like me. To master something takes a lot of practice and patients.

I think one of the best ways to learn to write is to write. I still don't look at myself as a writer, I am a idea-er, if that is a word. I have great ideas and I stumble along and write them down and hope my poor editor can make sense of it all and fix my mess. But does that mean I give up and never write? Do I call it in and never write again because I am not geared to know all the plot and perfect story line to draw the reader in?

I say no... well at least I am not going to do that. I am going to plod along and keep putting the ideas on paper and keep sending crap up to my editor and hope she makes it through all my jumbled up mess and pray at the other end is a story that people will like. If not... well... you can't do this thing called writing for someone else, you have to do it for yourself.

Love it,
or leave it...

No comments:

Post a Comment