Monday, May 3, 2010

CHAPTER FIVE: wow... time... goes... fast...

This is the fifth month of this here crazy blog. Is there a purpose or a plan? Not sure. I do know that I am finding out a lot of things and some of them have been good and some not so good.

In church yesterday we learned about the power of music. I must admit I am not much of a music buff and frankly I could take it or leave it. If the car is silent or has music playing I really don't care either way. But that being said I may be one that gets more influenced by it because I really don't pay attention to it and I know that unlike myself my Daughter really picks up on the songs coming across the radio or the TV.

I think it is time to suck in the old belt as it were and make sure if not for me but for my kids to only play good stuff. I could listen to NPR or the wind all day but for the little ears in the car it will be good for them to hear what is right and uplifting. I know this topic is touchy and I never really thought about it much because of my own lack of interest in the subject. But it is important and I think we will all be a little better off if it is watched.

Soleil is funny, she will sing songs from Sunday School or make up her own, and if something comes on sometimes she will ask if this song is talking about Jesus... good question...

I guess the way I find out if I need to get rid of something is to look at how bad I don't want to. I need to get rid of coffee only cuz I oh so want it and don't want to give it up. Music and movies... not so much, I think we have 4 CD's to our name and most of the movies are kids stuff but there is some that need to go.

The one thing I always think about is what is my willingness to change? If I am willing to fix something in my own life then I know that I am on the right track, I just thank God that he can still get through and even if it is something small I want to do the right thing. Doing the small things today will prepare you for the big things tomorrow.

Thought: What has you? Is it the simple cup of coffee? Or is it bigger? Control your habits don't let them control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment