Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Personal


I want to be real with you in this post. Not that I am not real the rest of the time but we all know that we must wear a different face out in public. I have a few faces as well and some of them are confident, some are hard, energetic and some are just plain hard core.

However, my real face is the one my family and friends see, the one that hurts when things go wrong, the one that is not sure what to do and the one that in the dark just before bed is sometimes scared. This is me, raw, real and just trying to do the best I can with what I have been given.

This all said, I want to let you know that if I seem checked out, distant or just plain quiet, it is because I have been going through some personal stuff in my life. Some of it I am happy to report has been amazing and some of it tragic. In all I am working through a ton of, shall we say, crap.

In this time I look at how it has taken my writing and hurt it in some ways and helped it in others. We all are going to go through personal "Crap" in our lives and the key I am finding is to take it and make it bring out a whole new depth in our writing.

If you go through a deep dark depression, take that and work through it in a story. Write how it feels, the way it takes all light from your soul. Use it to learn and in the end once the sun rises you will be the better for it.

Going through divorce, rejection, betrayal or if you find true love, make a new friend or lose a loved one. Take it all and keep writing. I know it has been hard for me as the last thing I want to do it write, but once I start it flows and pours from me like never before.

I know this post is not all warm and fuzzy or one that will get you motivated. But file it away for one day you may need it. Even if the world seems like it is falling apart there is always hope, and a light at the end. I hope to find that light and that my depth as a person and a writer will grow. We can only do the best we can do but in our worst we can still claw and crawl out of a hole and rise up.

Here is to life. Filled with danger, anger, fear, joy and so much more. Live in spite of fear, and love with all of your heart.

This sap is out, carry on.

3 comments:

  1. "Here is to life. Filled with danger, anger, fear, joy and so much more. Live in spite of fear, and love with all of your heart."

    Amen!

    This life is the one we get to live and no one is going to make it the best it can be but ourselves. We need the bad times to appreciate the good. I think they also make us stronger and more willing to work, to ensure those good times keep rolling.

    Sorry to hear you've been down. I'm glad you're putting a positive spin on it!

    My only advice is your echo: Keep writing, friend, keep writing.

    J. E. Medrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new background on the blog. It's a very calming sky blue. I really like this post, Aar. You always have a way with finding a balance with being deeply personal and but respectively private with details.

    I don't know how you do it. I always hear of people forcing the words out. I have never been able to do it. I end up escaping far away to some secluded place and completely disconnecting myself from the reality at hand in order to meet my deadlines or do what is needed.

    Something I don't suggest. It's very self destructive. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how a post can go on without any comments and the ones you think will pass by un-read seem to be the ones that hit home. I did not post this to do anything but encourage and look at how we can grow as people in the good times as well as the bad.

    I hope if you have something to add feel free but if you have personal advice just for me feel free to send me a private email. Thanks all and keep looking up.

    ReplyDelete