Monday, October 17, 2011

And the winner of the New Kindle is...


The last 30 days I ran a promotion where readers or anyone really could re-post a link and be entered to win a Free Kindle. I wanted to do something where we the public did not have to buy something. It seems that so many FREE things require buying or giving up email addresses or cutting yourself or some such nonsense.

But this was a simple contest, I did not make any money and all it took was a re-tweet or a share on Facebook. Everyone was really great about, in fact it went so well I do believe I will do more contests like this one. So if you did not win, don't have a sad face, you will get more chances in the future.

Okay, okay, enough stalling, you want to know who the winner is!

Her name is Kammie Lisonbee. And funny enough she met me at a book signing in Park City and ended up getting a copy of Airel. I asked her a few questions and she was good enough to humor me with some answers. So here in my interview with the winner of the Free Kindle Contest.

Interview:

How did you hear about Airel?

I met Aaron at Swiss Days in Utah. He talked to me for five minutes telling me all about the book. I was really hesitant about buying the book at first, but decided to go for it. I LOVED IT! I even have it signed by Aaron himself.

What was your favorite part or scene in Airel?

I loved when Michael came back for Airel and saved her. Even though it was against everything he was taught to do. When there was people there telling him to fail, he fought for the one he believed in, for the one he loved. What can I say I'm a sucker for the love in every story.

Do you like paper books or are you thinking this Kindle will replace some of them?


I love books all books, any books. I think the Kindle will totally give a new perspective of books for me; however I know I will still buy some paper books. I like to have them in my possession as weird as that sounds. I borrow books and if I like them I still go buy them, if I loved them enough. Although I’m sure it will slow down my buying some.

As a reader what do you think of bookstores closing?


I think it's super sad. Books give us knowledge. They are great sources to all ages. We learn from them, they give us imagination, teach us. I don't think that a Kindle or a Nook should ever fully replace books. There is just something about a book that won’t ever be able to be replaced.

Would you recommend Airel to your friends?


I would Definitely Recommend Airel to my friends. In fact I already have. I posted to my Facebook and Blog! I lent to my sister so we will see how she feels about it. The story outline is very close to home for me, and I loved every second of it!

End of interview.

There you have it... I want to thank everyone for posting and being so good about this contest. Gratz to Kammie and I hope you enjoy your new Kindle!



Author Aaron Patterson: Blog: The Worst Book Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kammie! That's really cool that you interviewed the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Aaron! it's great that you actually had the chance to meet and talk. congrats Kammie! happy reading to you on your new Kindle. c",)

    ReplyDelete